Friday, April 1, 2016





  This little statement inspired me.  So much so, that I now having it hanging in my home.  It has been an amazing reminder to actually do something every day that makes me happy.  I deserve that.  You deserve that.  Some days that may mean getting to read a book, sometimes just singing along to my favorite music (off-key for sure, but it brings me joy), gardening, bringing fresh flowers into the house or getting to engage in a meaningful conversation.  Often times, it may be something quick that only lasts a few minutes, but I’ll take it. 
  After seeing this daily for just a week or two, it actually became a new habit.  I was even tempted to insert “at least.”   Why not?  When we go through our day with intention and even a little focus on joy, it becomes contagious.  I wanted more!  I allow myself to have more; well, at least some days.  That’s really a key point, isn’t it?  We need to allow ourselves to be happy and realize it is not selfish; it’s okay, healthy even.  We deserve to experience happiness daily and to radiate that to those around us, especially our families. 
  I encourage you to find your “one thing” …or maybe even two or three… whatever that looks like for you.  Perhaps it is snuggling with your fur-baby, soaking in a bath, belting out your favorite song, spending time in prayer, holding the hand of your little one, creating a beautiful craft or taking time to just sit and relax and just breathe…


No comments:

Post a Comment